Monday, March 26, 2007

jealousy...

Why do we get jealous?! How can we just look at someone and compare ourselves right off the bat? How can we hear a single compliment for someone else and wonder what we do wrong? People have so many amazing things about themselves and the second someone takes the time to notice or to compliment them in that area we are the first to shoot it down....maybe not out loud but we still do it, we still feel that resentment, or maybe your more like me and you dont shoot them down but you start shooting yourself down. I honestly love meeting new people and love seeing how beautiful they are from the inside out....but to be honest...i start to compare myself and in so many ways and end up making myself feel like im worth nothing. i know im just rambling on but the point im trying to get at is God made me, he made me to be exactly the way that i am right now and He made everyone in the world the way He wanted them to be. Yes there are people who chose not to follow Christ and their lifestyles are way differant but im talking about the people who are in love with Christ and are walking with Him every step of the way, i look at them and see how deep they are when they talk about their faith or what "amazing" christains they are....those are the ones that get to me the most....i guess bottom line is im afraid i wont be good enough. I need to start loving myself the way i know God loves me, He doesnt want me any other way. Those people that i think are more beautiful or whatever thought goes through my head might be hurting on the inside or might have a hard family life, i have no idea what is really honestly going on in their lives or in their heart and i have no right to bring them down in anyway and i have no right to bring myself down either. God has a plan for all of us and i doubt very seriously that He is worried about who is prettier or who claims to be on a deeper level spiritually ...He knows our hearts and that is all that matters, ive gotta stop being so hard on myself, as long as my heart is with Christ and im growing in Him everyday that is all that should matter, God will reveal His plan for my life through that and my looks dont matter, and i will grow as Christ reveals Himself more and more to me, so i just need to patient and love life and myself....and most of all God :)

No comments: