Wednesday, March 28, 2007

judgement

There are so many people that we come across in our lifetime, and many of them we don't develop any kind of relationship with, only handful of people that we do connect with on any level, usually are people that are in our everyday lives. We see them many times throughout the week or maybe even throughout the day. They are usually people that you get along with or have a common interest in, or you just enjoy each others company. But have you ever been in the situation where you are forced to be around someone many times throughout the week, whether it be because of class or work or family, and that person for some reason that person makes you irritated with almost everything they do. Sometimes when I'm around this particular person I just want to scream in there face as if it would make me feel better. These "people" are usually people that make you wonder how they get through their everyday life. There has always been a person like this in my life and up until recently the things that i was just saying are the constant thoughts that would go through my head when i was around this person. In my life right now there is a person who when i even hear their name i already have a negative thought run through my head, the person just really gets to me, not because they are a bad person or are mean or anything like that, its mainly because i think the way that they are doing things are wrong and should be done a differant way and that they are just lazy (and that really bugs me), they are not taking the responsibility that they should be ...in my eyes...but recently God has kind of opened my eyes...well my heart really...to look at the bigger picture.... most arguments, misunderstandings, or negative thoughts are at the root poor communication, or misunderstanding...or maybe its just flat out we don't take the time to try and understand the other person. whatever it is ....God has revealed something to me....yes this person gets on my nerves, very much so, but he or she is a part of God's plan in this world...no they don't see things the way i see them and no they make every decision the way that i would make them but why should they?! God didn't make two of me for a reason, if we were all the same it would be a pretty boring and routine like world that we live in....but we are different...on purpose. I am just way to quick to judge, instead of taking the time to seek out this persons heart i jump to conclusions, or just shut out anything they really have to say. I need to have more of an open heart for people. Maybe we wont be the best of friends but I still need to give that person a chance. Everyone deserves a moment of your time, who knows you might learn from that person, God might have something to show you through this person....I'm not saying you have to be friends with everybody....just try not to be so close minded with people, its not our job to judge....we are not higher than God in any way, form or fashion, so why do we try to be by judging other people, only God has the right to judge...
Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye
(matthew 7:1-5)
"

No comments: