Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Paul

I find myself always being anxious about something, whether it be big or small...I always seem to be anxious. I hear that women are more anxious about stuff in life then men so maybe its just part of being a woman. It is something that i struggle with in my everyday life. . . . I think the apostle Paul is one of the most amazing people in history, He went through so much in his lifetime and this statement that he makes in the book of Philippians really just puts things into such a better perspective for me and my life...
I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living n plenty or in want. I can do all things through them who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:11-13
after reading that and taking every word in...it just goes straight to my heart, God is in control of my life, i am not in control, i don't want to be in control....but yet I still (without even realizing)try sometimes, when i think that what i need is taking to long to get here, I try and take the situation into my own hands. Like in the book that I'm reading says....God is in control of my tomorrows so as long as I know that....i should be living everyday through Him and not worry about what is coming ...or what is not coming in the future. Paul was an amazing man, He seemed to have such a calm, patient heart, and that is something that I pray that I will grow to develop in my walk with Christ. Paul went through so many hardships and trials in his lifetime, and yet he had a gentle, calm heart, i am so incredibly blessed in my life and more often than i should i take situations in my life and make them out to be so horrible when in all actuality it was something that I needed to go through, it always ends up being something that i learn from....i just need to learn to trust....and really let it sink into my heart that ...God is in control of my tomorrows, and trust that with everything inside me.

No comments: